|Memorial Video Display|
|West Chapel Family Room|
In 1860 Coots Funeral Home opened its doors in the 100 Block of E. Chestnut St. in Jeffersonville, IN. No pictures exist of this humble beginning of family tradition that would come to span over 150 years and five generations of the Coots Family. In those 150 years Coots Funeral Home has had 3 locations and is currently centrally located in downtown Jeffersonville at 120 W. Maple St.
It is unknown what type of building the original funeral home was. Sometime after opening its doors the funeral home relocated to what then was known as 152 Spring St. This location was the site of the funeral home until 1927 when the funeral home relocated again to its current location. The Spring St. funeral home was torn down sometime in the late 1940's to allow the Clark County Bank to expand and is currently a driveway run west off of Spring St.
|Front of Chapel|
The current funeral home located at 120 W. Maple St. has been added on to 4 times in its 73 years of use. The original part of the funeral home was built in 1927. The first floor of the funeral home was built at an elevation that would keep the first floor dry if the city were to experience another flood as high as the flood of 1906. However this logic did not work because in the flood of 1937 the funeral home had four and a half feet of water in the 2nd story. This is significant because the records of the funeral home were moved to the 2nd floor and were destroyed in the flood.
The current facilities were expanded in 1996 and now encompass over 12,000 square feet. The two large visitation chapels are designed to make you feel at home. The building and restrooms are handicapped accessible. There is ample off street parking for family and friends.
The west chapel was renovated in the Summer of 2014 with new carpeting, furniture, and memorial video display. A second coffee/family room was added to the facility, enabling family and friends to have food and refreshments.
120 W. Maple Street Jeffersonville,Indiana, 47130